Friday, May 1, 2009

1,2,3,4....I Declare A Book War!

I sometimes find it nice to create lists, and see how far I get along the list before I give it up. My list this time? SUMMER READING!!! I know, I'm really excited about it. So here's what I'm planning on reading. Perhaps I'll check off stuff as I read it. Who knows? I would also like suggestions, so if you have any good books you think I'd like, PLEASE let me know. I know I'm focusing on Christian religious material, but I generally have a vast array of interests when it comes to reading.

  1. The End of Memory by Miroslav Volf
  2. Body Politics by John Howard Yoder
  3. The Politics of Jesus by John Howard Yoder
  4. Being Consumed by William Cavanough
  5. Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
  6. Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning
  7. A Community of Character by Stanley Hauerwas
  8. Watership Down by Richard Adams
  9. Heresies and How to Avoid Them by Ben Quash and Michael Word
  10. The Dangerous Act of Worship by Mark Labberton
  11. The Great Giveaway by David Fitch
  12. The Kindness of Strangers by Katrina Kittle
  13. Justification by Andy Wright
  14. That Hideous Strength by C.S. Lewis
  15. Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer (but only so I can make fun of all of the books)
  16. Ethics by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
  17. A Secular Age by Charles Taylor
  18. Perelandria by C.S. Lewis

No comments: