Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Simple Life


Gypsy Pony on High Street
Originally uploaded by thecnote
For some reason, I simply want to stop going to college. Instead, I've decided what I really want is become a bohemian vagabond. I will buy a gypsy cart, a little gypsy pony, a guitar, and a big furry Newfoundland. We will then travel around Europe, playing on street corners and making a bit of cash through little jobs that need to be done, or perhaps by giving pony rides to kids. My curly hair already gives me a head start on the bohemian look....add some broom skirts, loose tops, flowers in my hair, and patch-work jackets, and I'll be all set. This image just seems so ridiculously attractive. I realize that this could probably never really happen (for one thing, I need refrigeration for certain items of great necessity to my well-being) but I long for such a lifestyle all the same. Perhaps a small part of this is small portion of my brain that believes myself to be a photographer. Living with a big fluffy dog in a little cart full of books off of the land seems beautiful, both physically and emotionally. Look at the picture I've found on flickr, add a bonfire with a bohemian girl and a big dog in front of it, and there's practically what my imagination is coming up with. Except probably in the isolated Scottish highlands near a small village, not in an actual town. Bonfires probably aren't very much appreciated in that vicinity.

By the way, many thanks for uploading this photo onto flickr, thecnote. It makes me quite happy to see such a pleasant setting occurring somewhere in real life. =)

No comments: