Thursday, October 2, 2008

Today My Heart Will Rest


It's finally the fall. A lot of people around the college have been complaining about how cold it has gotten, but, wow, I love this season. It's hard for me to feel sympathetic when all I can think about are the autumn picnics in open fields with trees all around me, and orchards full of apples and stark trees silhouetted against the moon. The morning skies might be gray right now, but they make the bright leaves on the trees stand out as a glorious horizon, and the flocks of geese flying south only heighten my anticipation for this season. It really is magical. I only wish it would last longer, instead of scattering across the calendar in a mad attempt to escape the dull colourless winter.

This picture is one that I took of my sister during my fall break a couple of years ago. Actually, It might have been last year. My neighborhood has a beautiful path running behind it, and this field sits between the houses and the woods.

No comments: